13. (1) The Executive may make regulations for the purposes of this Act.
(2) Without limiting the generality of subsection (1), the regulations may make provision—
(a) conferring powers or functions on the Company or the Territory substantially corresponding to, or related to, any power or function held by the Board immediately before the relevant day;
(b) in relation to any matter arising from, connected with or consequential upon—
(i) the conferral on the Company or the Territory of any power or function referred to in paragraph (a);
(ii) the vesting in the Company or the Territory of any asset, right or liability vested in the Board immediately before the relevant day; or
(c) modifying an enactment or subordinate law (including the Betting (Corporatisation) (Consequential Amendments) Act 1996 or an enactment or subordinate law amended by that Act) for any purpose mentioned in paragraph (a) or (b) including (but not limited to) changing references to the Board, an officer of the Board or any matter or thing relating to the Board to substitute references to the Territory, an officer of the Territory or any matter or thing relating to the Territory, respectively.
(3) A regulation that is expressed to modify an enactment or subordinate law may take the form of an alteration of the text of the enactment or subordinate law so that the enactment or subordinate law operates as modified but the regulation does not amend the text of the enactment or subordinate law.
(4) The power conferred by this section to modify an enactment or subordinate law expires on 30 June 1997.
(5) Subsection (4) does not apply to a regulation that is expressed to be made for the purposes of paragraph (2) (a) or (b).
[Presentation speech made in Assembly on 23 May 1996]
Printed by Authority of the ACT Government Printer
© Australian Capital Territory 1996