(1) The planning and land authority may, by written notice given to the trustees of an approved scheme, require the trustees to appoint, at the scheme's expense, an additional actuary (the special actuary ) to—
(a) investigate completely or partially the scheme's liabilities as at a particular time; and
(b) give the authority a written report within a stated period.
(2) The special actuary must not be—
(a) the actuary appointed under section 111 (Appointment of auditor and actuary for approved scheme); or
(b) a trustee or officer of the scheme.
Note For who can be appointed a special actuary, see s 125.
(3) Within 7 days after the day the trustees are given the notice, the trustees must appoint the special actuary and give the planning and land authority written notice of the actuary's name.
(4) The trustees of an approved scheme commit an offence if the trustees fail to comply with subsection (3).
Maximum penalty: 100 penalty units.
(5) An offence against this section is a strict liability offence.