(1) The Minister may, in writing, exempt a building from the application of this Act or a provision of this Act for a stated period.
(2) The period stated in the exemption must not be longer than 1 year.
(3) If no period is stated in the exemption, the exemption is in force for 1 week.
(4) An exemption may be conditional.
Examples of conditions
1 restricting number of people allowed in the building
2 requiring the fire brigade to be present outside the building when it is used for a stated event
Note An example is part of the Act, is not exhaustive and may extend, but does not limit, the meaning of the provision in which it appears (see Legislation Act, s 126 and s 132).
(5) An exemption is a disallowable instrument.
Note A disallowable instrument must be
notified, and presented to the Legislative Assembly, under the Legislation