(1) This section applies to building work if the last certifier appointed for the work is no longer the certifier for the work.
(2) A certifier is no longer the certifier for building work if—
(a) the certifier's licence is suspended for longer than 3 months; or
(b) the certifier's licence has been cancelled; or
(c) the certifier has resigned the appointment under section 19; or
(d) the certifier is dead; or
(e) for a building certifier in the same occupation class as the certifier—the certifier is not covered by insurance required under the Construction Occupations (Licensing) Act 2004 .
(3) The owner of the land where the building work is being carried out (or proposed to be carried out) may apply to the construction occupations registrar for the appointment of a government certifier for the work.
Note If a form is approved under s 151 for an application, the form must be used.
(4) The construction occupations registrar may appoint a government certifier for the building work if satisfied that the criteria prescribed under the regulations are satisfied.
(5) The regulations may prescribe what must accompany the application.
(6) In this section:
"licence" means a building surveyor licence under the Construction Occupations (Licensing) Act 2004 .