16. (1) The Chairperson shall convene such meetings of the Board as he or she considers necessary for the performance of its functions.
(2) The Chairperson shall preside at all meetings at which he or she is present.
(3) At a meeting of the Board a quorum consists of 8 members.
(4) If the Chairperson is not present at a meeting or part of a meeting, the members present shall elect 1 of their number to preside at the meeting or part.
(5) Questions arising at a meeting shall be decided by a majority of votes of members present and voting.
(6) The person presiding at a meeting has a deliberative vote and, in the event of an equality of votes on a question, a casting vote.
(7) Subject to this Act, the procedures of the Board shall be as determined by the Chairperson or, where a presiding member has been appointed under subsection (4), by that member.
(8) The Board shall keep written minutes of its proceedings.
(9) In this section—