7. (1) The Minister may, by instrument, give directions to the Board in relation to the performance of its functions.
(2) The Minister may not give a direction that relates to a particular student or a particular assessment.
(3) The Board shall give effect to a direction under this section.
(4) A report by the Board for the purposes of section 8 of the Annual Reports (Government Agencies) Act 1995 shall include, in relation to the reporting period—
(a) a copy of any direction given to the Board by the Minister during the period; and
(b) particulars of—
(i) the measures taken to give effect to any direction given during the period; and
(ii) any measures not disclosed in a previous report taken to give effect to a direction given during a previous period.
(5) An instrument under subsection (1) is a
disallowable instrument for the purposes of section 10 of the Subordinate Laws
Act 1989 .