8A Criterion 1A—Applicant to be at least 18 years old
(1) An applicant for a first home owner grant must be at least 18 years old.
(2) However, if the commissioner is satisfied there are good reasons to do so, the commissioner may exempt the applicant from the requirement to be at least 18 years old.
(3) This section also applies to an application for a first home owner grant made before the commencement of this section if—
(a) the application was made on or after 14 October 2003; and
(b) a first home owner grant had not been paid in relation to the application before the commencement of this section.
(4) Subsection (3) is a law to which the Legislation Act, section 88 (Repeal does not end effect of transitional laws etc) applies.
(5) Subsections (3) and (4) and this subsection expire 1 year after the day this section commences.