Australian Capital Territory Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY (MEMBERS' STAFF) (NO. 19 OF 1989)
TABLE OF PROVISIONS
PART I--PRELIMINARY SHORT TITLE
1. This Act may be cited as the Legislative Assembly (Members' Staff) Act 1989.
PART II--STAFF OF OFFICE-HOLDERS DETERMINATIONS BY CHIEF MINISTER
4. The Chief Minister may, by writing, determine that, having regard to the parliamentary duties of a member of the Assembly, the member ought to be empowered to employ staff under this Part.
5. Office-holders may employ staff
6. Terms and conditions of employment
8. Termination of employment
9. Power to employ staff not affected
PART III--STAFF OF MEMBERS MEMBERS MAY EMPLOY STAFF
10. (1) A member of the Assembly may, on behalf of the Territory, employ, under an agreement in writing, a person as a member of the staff of the member.
11. Terms and conditions of employment
13. Termination of employment
PART IV--MISCELLANEOUS POWERS MAY BE EXERCISED BY AUTHORISED
14. An office-holder or member of the Assembly may, in writing, authorise another person to exercise, on his or her behalf, a power conferred on the office-holder or member by Part II or III, and a person so authorised may exercise the power accordingly.
AustLII: Copyright Policy