(1) A debtor who gives the Official Receiver a debt agreement proposal must give the Official Receiver a statement of the debtor's affairs with the proposal.
Note: Section 6A sets out requirements for statements of affairs.
(2) The debtor or an affected creditor may, without fee and either personally or by an agent:
(a) inspect the statement of affairs; and
(b) obtain a copy of, or make extracts from, the statement of affairs.
(3) If the approved form for a statement of affairs indicates that particular information in the statement will not be made available to the public, the Official Receiver must ensure that the information is not made available under this section to a person other than the debtor (or an agent of the debtor).
(4) The Official Receiver may refuse to allow a person access under this section to particular information in a debtor's statement of affairs on the ground that access to that information would jeopardise, or be likely to jeopardise, the safety of any person.
(5) The debtor's statement of affairs may be set out in the same document as the debtor's subsection 185C(2B) statement.
(6) This section does not limit subsection 185C(2B).