(1) This section applies to a declaration contained in a statement that:
(a) is filed under paragraph 54(1)(a) or (2)(a); or
(aa) accompanies a declaration presented under section 54A; or
(b) accompanies a petition presented under paragraph 55(2)(b) or subsection 56B(1); or
(c) is filed under paragraph 56F(1)(a) or (b); or
(d) accompanies a petition presented under subsection 57(1); or
(da) is given to the Official Receiver under section 77CA; or
(e) is given to the Official Receiver under:
(i) subsection 185C(2B); or
(ii) subsection 185M(1B); or
(iii) subsection 185P(1B); or
(ea) is given to the Official Receiver under section 185D with a debt agreement proposal; or
(f) is given under subsection 188(2C) or (2D).
(2) A person must not make a declaration to which this section applies that the person knows to be false.
Penalty: Imprisonment for 12 months.
Presumed maker of declaration in electronic statement
(3) If a declaration is contained in a statement that:
(a) was received by the Official Receiver electronically; and
(b) purported to be made by a particular person;
the declaration is presumed to have been made by the person, in the absence of evidence to the contrary.
(4) Subsection (3) applies whether the statement was filed, accompanied a declaration or petition or was given to the Official Receiver, as described in subsection (1).
(5) Subsection (3) does not affect by implication the operation of a law of the Commonwealth outside this section.