(1) On an application made in accordance with subsection (3) in relation to an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporation, the Registrar may make a determination in writing exempting any of the following from the exemptible provisions of this Chapter specified in the Registrar's determination:
(a) the corporation itself;
(b) the directors of the corporation.
Note: For the criteria for making determinations under this section, see section 187-20.
(2) For the purposes of this section, the exemptible provisions of this Chapter are:
(a) subsection 144-10(8); and
(aa) subsection 150-15(2A); and
(ab) section 150-22; and
(b) section 150-25; and
(c) section 150-30; and
(d) section 150-35.
(3) The application must:
(a) specify the exemptible provisions in relation to which the exemption is being sought; and
(b) be authorised by a resolution of the directors; and
(c) be in writing and signed by a director; and
(d) be lodged with the Registrar.
(4) The determination may:
(a) be expressed to be subject to conditions; and
(b) be indefinite or limited to a specified period.
(5) The Registrar may, in writing, revoke, vary or suspend the determination.
(6) The Registrar must give the applicant written notice within 28 days of the making, revocation, variation or suspension of the determination.
(7) A determination under subsection (1), or a revocation, variation or suspension under subsection (5), is not a legislative instrument.