(1) There is established by this section a Defence Force Remuneration Tribunal.
(2) The Tribunal shall consist of:
(a) a President;
(b) a person who is experienced in industrial relations matters; and
(c) a person who was, but is no longer, a member of the Permanent Forces (although the person may be a member of the Reserves).
(3) The members of the Tribunal shall be appointed by the Governor-General on a part-time basis.
(4) The person appointed as President shall be a Deputy President of the FWC.
(5) A person must not be appointed as a member of the Tribunal if he or she has, at any time during the year preceding the appointment, been a member of the Permanent Forces.
(6) The performance of the duties and functions and the exercise of the powers of the Tribunal are not affected by reason only of there being one vacancy in the membership of the Tribunal.