(1) The following is a simplified outline of this Part.
(2) This Division sets out the meaning of expressions used in this Part.
(3) Division 2 provides for matters relating to defence security officials.
(4) Division 3 sets out the powers exercisable by defence security officials with consent at defence access control points and on defence premises. Subdivision B of Division 3 contains special provisions relating to declared explosive ordnance depots.
(5) Division 4 sets out the powers exercisable by special defence security officials without consent at defence access control points and on defence premises, and provides for related matters, including offences relating to non-compliance with requirements, hindering and obstructing.
(6) Division 5 relates to seizure of things.
(7) Division 6 sets out provisions that apply generally in relation to the exercise of powers under this Part, including the following:
(a) the production of identity cards;
(b) informing persons of offences;
(c) the use of force;
(d) limits on the exercise of certain powers.
(8) Division 7 provides for other matters, including:
(a) an offence of unauthorised entry on, or being on, defence premises or defence accommodation; and
(b) the provision of information obtained by certain surveillance devices to law enforcement and other agencies.