Making an application
(1) A person may apply to the Secretary for review of:
(a) a decision whether the person is eligible for an advance; or
(b) a decision on the amount of an advance the person is eligible for.
(2) The application must be made within 28 days after the date of the notice of the decision, or such longer time as the Secretary allows.
(3) The application must:
(a) state the reasons why the application is being made; and
(b) set out, or be accompanied by, any information or documents relating to those reasons, other than information or documents referred to in the notice of the decision.
Withdrawing an application
(4) The person may withdraw the application at any time before the review is completed.
(5) The application may be withdrawn orally, in writing or in another manner approved by the Secretary.
(6) If the application is withdrawn, it is taken never to have been made.