(1A) An inspector's identity card is:
(a) for an appointed inspector--the identity card issued to the inspector under subsection (1); or
(b) for an inspector who is a Fair Work Inspector--the identity card issued to the inspector under the Fair Work Act 2009 (see section 702 of that Act).
Identity cards--appointed inspectors
(1) The Minister must issue an identity card to an appointed inspector.
(2) An identity card for an appointed inspector:
(a) must be in the form prescribed by the regulations; and
(b) must contain a recent photograph of the inspector.
Identity card to be carried
(3) An inspector must carry the identity card at all times when exercising powers as an inspector.
(4) A person commits an offence if:
(a) the person has been issued with an identity card under subsection (1); and
(b) the person ceases to be an inspector; and
(c) the person does not return his or her identity card to the Secretary within 14 days after ceasing to be an inspector.
Penalty: 1 penalty unit.
(5) An offence against subsection (4) is an offence of strict liability.
Note: For strict liability, see section 6.1 of the Criminal Code .
(6) However, a person does not commit an offence against subsection (4) if the person's identity card was lost or destroyed.
Note: A defendant bears an evidential burden in relation to the matter in subsection (6): see subsection 13.3(3) of the Criminal Code .