(1) The Commission may, by legislative instrument, make provision for and in relation to the granting of assistance or benefits of a specified kind to a person:
(a) who is a member or former member; or
(b) who is or was a related person of a member, former member or deceased member.
Note: For related person see subsection 15(2).
(2) However, the instrument must not provide for the granting of assistance or benefits unless the member, former member or deceased member has rendered warlike service on or after 1 July 2004.
(3) Without limiting subsection (1), the kinds of assistance or benefits that may be granted include the following:
(a) child care;
(c) household services.
(4) Without limiting subsection (1), the instrument may make provision for and in relation to:
(a) the eligibility criteria for the assistance or benefits; and
(b) the conditions on which the assistance or benefits are granted; and
(c) limits (whether financial or otherwise) on the provision of the assistance or benefits.
(5) Despite subsection 14(2) of the Legislation Act 2003 , an instrument under subsection (1) of this section may make provision in relation to a matter by applying, adopting or incorporating, with or without modification, any matter contained in an instrument or other writing as in force or existing from time to time.