(1) The Commissioner may, by writing, establish advisory committees to assist the Commissioner in performing any of the Commissioner's functions.
(2) An advisory committee consists of such persons as the Commissioner from time to time appoints to the committee.
(3) The Commissioner may revoke a person's appointment to an advisory committee.
(4) The Commissioner may give an advisory committee written directions as to:
(a) the way in which the committee is to carry out its functions; and
(b) the procedures to be followed in relation to meetings.
(5) An appointment to an advisory committee is not a public office within the meaning of the Remuneration Tribunal Act 1973 .