(1) The Ombudsman must report to the Minister, in writing, about the results of inspections under section 186B of the records of agencies during a financial year.
(2) The report under subsection (1) must be given to the Minister as soon as practicable after the end of the financial year.
(3) The Minister must cause a copy of the report to be laid before each House of the Parliament within 15 sitting days of that House after the Minister receives it.
(4) The Ombudsman may report to the Minister in writing at any time about the results of an inspection under this Chapter and must do so if so requested by the Minister.
(5) If, as a result of an inspection under this Chapter of the records of an enforcement agency, the Ombudsman is of the opinion that an officer of the agency has contravened a provision of this Act, the Ombudsman may include in his or her report on the inspection a report on the contravention.
Note: In complying with this section, the Ombudsman remains bound by the obligations imposed by sections 133, 181B and 182.
(6) The Ombudsman must give a copy of a report under subsection (1) or (4) to the chief officer of any enforcement agency to which the report relates.
(7) A report under this section must not include information which, if made public, could reasonably be expected to:
(a) endanger a person's safety; or
(b) prejudice an investigation or prosecution; or
(c) compromise any enforcement agency's operational activities or methodologies.