(2) Without limiting regulations 11.056 and 11.067, a condition may:
(a) allow the person to operate RPA of only specified kinds; or
(b) limit the areas where he or she may operate RPA; or
(c) allow him or her to operate RPA only in VMC.
(3) It is a condition of a remote pilot licence that the licence holder must not operate an RPA above 400 ft AGL in controlled airspace, or within 3 nautical miles of the movement area of a controlled aerodrome, unless he or she holds at least one of the following qualifications:
(a) an aeronautical radio operator certificate;
(b) a flight crew licence;
(c) an ATC licence;
(d) a military qualification equivalent to a licence mentioned in paragraph (b) or (c);
(e) a flight service licence.
(4) It is a condition of a remote pilot licence that an RPA must be operated within the visual line of sight of the licence holder unless he or she:
(a) has passed:
(i) an aeronautical knowledge examination (within the meaning of Part 61) for the grant of an instrument rating under Part 61; or
(ii) an aviation licence theory examination before 1 September 2014 that is taken to be an equivalent requirement for the grant of an instrument rating under regulation 202.274; or
(iii) an approved examination; and
(i) holds both a certificate as an RPA operator under Division 101.F.4 and an approval under regulation 101.029 to operate the RPA beyond the person's visual line of sight; or
(ii) is a member of an RPA operator's personnel and the RPA operator holds both a certificate as an RPA operator under Division 101.F.4 and an approval under regulation 101.029 for the operator's personnel to operate RPA beyond their visual line of sight.
(5) It is a condition of a remote pilot licence that the licence holder must not operate more than 1 RPA at a time unless:
(a) he or she holds an approval under regulation 101.029 to operate more than 1 RPA at a time; and
(b) the conditions (if any) imposed on the approval are complied with.
(6) The holder of a remote pilot licence commits an offence of strict liability if the holder contravenes a condition mentioned in subregulation (3), (4) or (5).
Penalty: 50 penalty units.