(1) CASA may, by written notice given to a person mentioned in subregulation (2), direct the person to:
(a) complete a safety-related survey or questionnaire by accurately answering all mandatory questions in the survey or questionnaire; and
(b) submit the completed survey or questionnaire to CASA within the time stated in the notice.
(2) For subregulation (1), the persons are the following:
(a) the holder of an AOC;
(b) a Part 141 operator who conducts flight training in aircraft;
(c) a person who gave a notice to CASA under regulation 101.372 (Notice to operate very small RPA for hire or reward);
(d) the holder of a certificate as an RPA operator under Division 101.F.4;
(e) the holder of an aerial work certificate;
(f) the holder of an approval under regulation 131.035 to conduct a specialised balloon operation.
(3) The person may, before the end of the time stated in the notice, apply in writing to CASA for an extension.
(4) CASA may, by written notice given to the person (the notice of extension ), grant the extension.
(5) The person commits an offence if the person does not comply with the direction within:
(a) if CASA grants an extension under subregulation (4)--the time stated in the notice of extension; or
(b) if paragraph (a) does not apply--the time stated in the notice under subregulation (1).
Penalty: 25 penalty units.
(6) An offence against this regulation is an offence of strict liability.