(1) This regulation applies to a flight of a rotorcraft if:
(a) the rotorcraft is fitted with any of the following systems:
(i) a head-up display;
(ii) an enhanced vision system;
(iii) a synthetic vision system; and
(b) the flight is:
(i) an IFR flight; or
(ii) a VFR flight at night.
(2) A rotorcraft operator's exposition must include the following:
(a) procedures for using each system that is fitted to the rotorcraft during a flight mentioned in paragraph (1)(b);
(b) procedures for conducting a flight mentioned in paragraph (1)(b) without an element of the system, for use if the element is inoperative.
(3) The Part 133 Manual of Standards may prescribe requirements for the use of a system mentioned in paragraph (1)(a) for a flight of a rotorcraft.
(4) The operator and the pilot in command of a rotorcraft for a flight each contravene this subregulation if:
(a) a system mentioned in paragraph (1)(a) is used during the flight; and
(b) a requirement mentioned in subregulation (3) for that system is not met for the flight.
(5) A person commits an offence of strict liability if the person contravenes subregulation (4).
Penalty: 50 penalty units.