(1) The operator and the pilot in command of an aeroplane for a flight each contravene this subregulation if a passenger is not given a safety briefing, instructions or demonstrations in accordance with the requirements prescribed by the Part 135 Manual of Standards for the purposes of this regulation.
(2) Subregulation (1) does not apply in relation to a medical patient on a flight that is a medical transport operation.
(3) The operator of an aeroplane for a flight contravenes this subregulation if a safety briefing, instruction or demonstration required to be given to a passenger under this regulation includes:
(a) information that is not relevant to the type and model of the aeroplane; or
(b) information that is not relevant to the safety of the aeroplane and its passengers.
(4) The operator of an aeroplane for a flight contravenes this subregulation if:
(a) a passenger with reduced mobility will be carried on the flight; and
(b) before the aeroplane takes off for the flight, the passenger, or a person accompanying or assisting the passenger, is not asked by a crew member for the flight about the best way of helping the passenger if an emergency evacuation of the aeroplane is necessary.
(5) A person commits an offence of strict liability if the person contravenes subregulation (1), (3) or (4).
Penalty: 50 penalty units.
Note: A defendant bears an evidential burden in relation to the matters in subregulation (2): see subsection 13.3(3) of the Criminal Code .