(1) CASA may, by notice in writing to a person appointed as the chief designer, or to act as the chief designer, for a certified designer's organisation, withdraw or suspend approval of the person's appointment if continuing approval of the appointment would be likely to have an adverse effect on the safety of air navigation.
(2) In deciding whether continuing approval of a person's appointment would be likely to have an adverse effect on the safety of air navigation, CASA may take into account the matters mentioned in subregulation 173.175(2).
(3) The notice:
(a) must set out the reasons for the withdrawal or suspension; and
(b) in the case of a suspension, must specify the period of suspension or state when, or in what circumstances, it will end.
(4) CASA must give a copy of the notice to the certified designer.
(5) If CASA suspends approval of a person's appointment, the person must not carry out the functions of the appointment during the period of the suspension.
(6) If CASA withdraws approval of a person's appointment:
(a) for the purposes of these Regulations, the appointment is taken to end; and
(b) the person must not continue to carry out the functions of the position to which the appointment relates.