Applications for certification as UAV controller--if made but not finally determined before commencement date
(1) Subregulation (2) applies if, before the commencement date:
(a) a person applied for certification as a UAV controller under regulation 101.290; and
(b) the application had not been finally determined by CASA.
(2) The application is taken, on and after the commencement date, to be an application for a remote pilot licence under regulation 101.290.
Certified UAV controllers
(3) If, immediately before the commencement date, a person was certified as a UAV controller under regulation 101.295, the certification has effect on and after that date as if it were a remote pilot licence granted under regulation 101.295.
(4) Any condition to which the certification was subject immediately before the commencement date continues in force as a condition of the licence.
Non-finalised action to vary, suspend or cancel certification of UAV controller
(5) Action to vary, suspend or cancel the certification of a person as a UAV controller that, immediately before the commencement date, had not been finally determined, is taken to be action to vary, suspend or cancel the person's remote pilot licence.