(1) This regulation applies to a large transport category aeroplane.
(2) However, this regulation does not apply to an aeroplane of a particular type if a certificate of airworthiness was issued in respect of at least 1 aeroplane of that type before 1 January 1958.
(3) The registered operator of an aeroplane to which this regulation applies commits an offence if:
(a) the registered operator:
(i) operates the aeroplane; or
(ii) permits a person to operate the aeroplane; and
(b) a requirement in this regulation is not met while the aeroplane is operating.
Penalty: 50 penalty units.
(a) the aeroplane was manufactured before 2 September 2005; and
(b) thermal/acoustic insulation materials have been installed in the fuselage as replacements on or after 2 September 2005; and
(c) the materials are:
(i) of a blanket construction; or
(ii) installed around air ducting;
the materials must meet the flame propagation standards of FARs paragraph 25.856(a), as in force on 2 September 2003.
(5) If the aeroplane was manufactured on or after 2 September 2005, any thermal/acoustic insulation materials installed in the fuselage must meet the flame propagation standards of FARs paragraph 25.856(a), as in force on 2 September 2003.
Source FARs section 121.312 modified.
(6) An offence against subregulation (3) is an offence of strict liability.