Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
BANKRUPTCY AMENDMENT ACT 1987
TABLE OF PROVISIONS
1. Short title etc.
3. Insertion of heading
7. Application of Act
9. Functions of Inspector-General
10. Duties etc. of trustees and of Official Receiver
12. Investment of money in Common Fund
13. General powers of Courts in bankruptcy
14. Exercise of jurisdiction
16. Acts of bankruptcy
17. Taking control of debtor's property before sequestration
18. Bankrupt's statement of affairs
20. Debtor's petition
21. Debtor's petition against partnership
22. Debtor's petition by joint debtors who are not partners
23. Second or subsequent bankruptcy
24. Amendment of heading
26. Election of chairman
27. Entitlement to vote at meeting of creditors
28. Manner of voting
29. Admission and rejection of claim to vote
30. Public examination of bankrupt
31. Committee of inspection
32. Approval by Court
33. Application of Part VIII to trustee of a composition or arrangement
34. Duties of bankrupt as to discovery etc. of property
37. Arrest of debtor or bankrupt
38. Discovery of bankrupt's property etc.
39. Debts provable in bankruptcy
40. Inspection of proofs by creditors etc.
41. Priority payments
42. Repeal of sections 111 and 112
43. Property divisible among creditors
44. Avoidance of voluntary and marriage settlements
45. Protection of certain transactions against relation back etc.
46. Trustee to take possession of property of bankrupt
48. Disclaimer of onerous property
49. Powers exercisable at discretion of trustee
50. Powers exercisable by the trustee with permission
52. Declaration and distribution of dividends
53. Discharge by the Court
54. Registration of natural persons as trustees
55. Appointment of trustees
56. Vacancy in office of trustee
58. Control of creditors over trustees
59. Control of trustees by the Court
62. Debtor may authorise trustee or solicitor to call meeting of creditors etc.
63. Effect of authority under section 188 to registered trustee
65. Duties and powers of trustee and solicitor
66. Death of trustee to whom authority is given etc.
67. Remuneration of controlling trustee
68. Calling of meeting
69. Debtor to attend meeting
70. Entitlement to vote at meeting
71. Manner of voting
72. Resolution for deed of assignment etc.
74. Control of controlling trustee by the Court
77. Notice of execution of deed or acceptance of composition
78. Sequestration order where debtor fails to attend meeting, execute deed etc.
79. Power of the Court to declare deed or composition void
80. Calling of meetings after the first meeting
81. Application of Part in relation to meetings
82. Creditor may inspect deed etc.
83. Application of general provisions of Act to deeds of assignment
84. Application of general provisions of Act to deeds of arrangement
85. Application of general provisions of Act to compositions
86. Filing of statement of deceased debtor's affairs etc. by legal personal representative
87. Petition for administration under this Part by person administering deceased person's estate
88. Application of Act in relation to administrations under this Part
89. Effect of order under Part where deceased person was bankrupt
90. Presumption about due convening of meetings etc.
92. Failure of person to attend before the Court etc.
93. Arrest of person failing to attend before the Court etc.
94. Refusal to be sworn or give evidence etc.
95. Prevarication or evasion in the course of examination
96. Offences in relation to Registrar or magistrate conducting an examination
97. Failure of bankrupt or debtor to disclose property etc.
99. Offences in relation to deeds and compositions
101. Bankrupt obtaining credit etc. without disclosing bankruptcy
102. Bankrupts under repealed Act
103. Payment of expenses by Commonwealth
104. Protection of Registrars, magistrates etc. in relation to examinations
105. Protection in respect of reports
106. Application of certain amendments
107. Some amendments made for avoidance of doubt
AustLII: Copyright Policy