Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
BOUNTY (REFINED TIN) ACT 1980 No. 46 of 1980 - SECT 12
Registration of premises
12. (1) The regulations may prescribe conditions to be complied with, for the
purposes of this Act, in connection with the production at registered premises
of bountiable refined tin.
(2) Where a person carries on, or proposes to carry on, the production at any
premises of bountiable refined tin, he may apply to the Minister for the
registration of those premises for the purposes of this Act.
(3) If conditions have been prescribed under sub-section (1), the Minister
shall not register the premises unless he is satisfied that those conditions
have been, or will be, complied with.
(4) The Minister may require the applicant to furnish such information as the
Minister considers necessary for the purposes of this Act, and may refuse to
register the premises until the information is furnished to his satisfaction.
(5) Where an applicant under this section was not, at any time during the
base period, engaged in the production of bountiable refined tin at the
premises to which the application relates, the Minister shall refuse to
register those premises unless, in the opinion of the Minister, the
registration of those premises will promote the orderly development in
Australia of the refined tin industry.
(6) Subject to sub-sections (3), (4) and (5), if, in the opinion of the
Minister, bountiable refined tin is, or is proposed to be, produced at the
premises in respect of which the application is made, he shall register those
premises for the purposes of this Act.
(7) If the Minister so determines, the registration shall be deemed to have
taken effect on and from such date, being a date not earlier than 1 January
1980, as is specified by the Minister.
(8) Where the Minister is satisfied, in respect of any registered premises-
(a) that bountiable refined tin is not being produced at the premises;
(b) that the production of bountiable refined tin at the premises is not
being carried on by the person who applied for the registration of the
(c) if any conditions have been prescribed under sub-section (1), that
bountiable refined tin that is being produced at registered premises
is being produced otherwise than in accordance with those conditions,
the Minister may, by notice in writing served either personally or by
post on the occupier of the premises, and, if the occupier is not the
person who applied for the registration of the premises, on that
person, cancel the registration of the premises.
(9) For the purpose of the application of section 29 of the Acts
Interpretation Act 1901 to the service by post of a notice under sub-section
(8) of this section, such a notice posted as a letter addressed to the
occupier, or to the person who applied for the registration of the premises,
at the registered premises shall be deemed to be properly addressed.
AustLII: Copyright Policy