Commonwealth Numbered Regulations
[Search this Regulation]
1983 No. 262 GREAT BARRIER REEF MARINE PARK REGULATIONS - REG 13
Offences relating to use of zones
13. (1) A person shall not use or enter a zone for a purpose other than a
purpose that is permitted under the zoning plan that relates to that zone.
(2) Where, under a zoning plan, a zone may be used or entered for a purpose
with the permission of the responsible agency, a person shall not use or enter
the zone for that purpose without the permission of the Authority granted
under sub-regulation 11 (1).
(3) Where a permission referred to in sub-regulation (2) is expressed to be
subject to conditions, the person to whom the permission is granted shall not
use or enter the zone otherwise than in accordance with those conditions.
(4) Where, under a zoning plan, a zone may be used or entered for a purpose
after notification to the responsible agency, a person shall not use or enter
a zone for that purpose unless he has notified the Authority that he proposes
to use or enter the zone for that purpose.
(5) A person shall not fail to comply with a direction given to him under
(6) Where a person notifies the Authority that he proposes to use or enter a
zone for the purpose of removing a vessel that is wrecked, stranded, sunk or
abandoned, the Authority may give such directions to that person in respect of
his use of, or entry to, the zone as are reasonably necessary for the
protection and preservation of the Marine Park and property and things in the
AustLII: Copyright Policy