New South Wales Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING AND ASSESSMENT ACT 1979 - SECT 2.17
Constitution of local planning panels
(1) A council may constitute a single local planning panel for the whole of
the area of the council.
(2) The following councils must constitute a single
local planning panel for the whole of the area of the council--
council of an area that is wholly within the designated Sydney districts,
the council of the City of Wollongong,
(c) the council of any other area
prescribed by the regulations.
(3) A single local planning panel may be
constituted by 2 or more councils. In that case, any function exercisable by a
council in relation to the panel is to be exercised jointly by all those
(4) The Minister may, under section 9.1, direct 2 or more
particular councils referred to in subsection (2) to constitute a single
local planning panel.
(5) If a council fails to constitute a
local planning panel that it is required to constitute, the Minister may
constitute the panel and for that purpose is taken to be the council.
local planning panel is subject to any directions of the Minister under
(7) A local planning panel is not subject to the direction or
control of the council, except in relation to any matter relating to the
procedure of the panel (or to the time within which it is to deal with a
matter) that is not inconsistent with any directions of the Minister under
AustLII: Copyright Policy