(cf previous Sch 3, cl 2)
(1) The Independent Planning Commission is to consist of such members as are appointed by the Minister.
(2) One member of the Commission is, in the instrument of appointment or a subsequent instrument, to be appointed as the chairperson of the Commission.
(3) Each member is to have expertise in at least one area of planning, architecture, heritage, the environment, urban design, land economics, soil or agricultural science, hydro-geology, mining or petroleum development, traffic and transport, law, engineering, tourism or government and public administration.
(4) In appointing a member of the Commission, the Minister is to have regard to the need to have a range of expertise represented among the Commission's members.
(5) The Minister may appoint additional members of the Commission for the purposes of exercising specific functions of the Commission. An additional member is not required to have expertise in an area referred to in this section but is required to have expertise in an area relevant to the functions the member is to exercise.
(6) Without limiting subsection (5), the Minister may appoint as an additional member for the purposes of that subsection a person who is a member of a subcommittee of the Commission. Any such appointment may be limited to a particular matter or matters, in addition to any limitation relating to specific functions.