(cf previous s 75AE)
(1) The relevant strategic planning authority for a region may, or must if directed to do so by the Minister, submit a draft regional strategic plan it has prepared to the Minister.
(2) The Minister may make a regional strategic plan in the form in which it is submitted or with such modifications as the Minister considers appropriate. The Minister may decide not to make the draft plan.
(3) The document entitled Greater Sydney Region Plan--A Metropolis of Three Cities is taken to be the regional strategic plan made under this Division for the Six Cities Region, but has effect only in relation to the land within the designated Sydney districts.
(4) The Greater Cities Commission must review the regional strategic plan and submit a draft regional strategic plan applying to the whole of the Six Cities Region to the Minister, before the end of 2023 and at the end of every subsequent period of 5 years.
(5) The relevant strategic planning authority for a region other than the Six Cities Region is to review any regional strategic plan for the region at such times and in such manner as the Minister may direct.
(6) A failure to comply with a provision of this section does not affect the validity of a regional strategic plan, including the continuing validity of an existing regional strategic plan.