(cf previous s 93)
(1) Despite any other Act or law, an approval body must, in respect of integrated development for which development consent has been granted following the provision by the approval body of the general terms of the approval proposed to be granted by the approval body in relation to the development, grant approval to any application for approval that is made within 3 years after the date on which the development consent is granted if, within that 3-year period, the development consent has not lapsed or been revoked.Note : Under section 380A of the Mining Act 1992 and section 24A of the Petroleum (Onshore) Act 1991 , a mining lease or production lease can be refused on the ground that the applicant is not a fit and proper person, despite this section.
(2) The approval may be granted subject to conditions that are not inconsistent with the development consent. Neither the provisions of section 4.17(6)-(10) nor the imposition of conditions as to security by the consent authority prevent an approval body from imposing conditions, or additional conditions, as to security.
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply to or limit the granting of approval to an application for renewal of an approval.
(4) An approval body cannot vary the terms of an approval granted for integrated development for which development consent has been granted before the expiration, lapsing or first renewal of the approval, whichever first occurs, other than to make variations that are not inconsistent with the development consent.
(5) Subsection (4) does not prevent--(a) the modification, in accordance with section 4.55 or 4.57, of the development consent at any time, or(b) if a development consent is modified as referred to in paragraph (a) before the expiration, lapsing or first renewal, whichever first occurs, of the approval, the modification in accordance with law of the approval to any necessary consequential extent, or(c) the exercise by the approval body of any of its other functions, such as the issuing of orders, the suspension or cancellation of an approval or the prosecution of offences.