(cf previous s 119B)
(1) The Planning Secretary or a council may appoint persons (including any class of persons) as investigation officers for the purposes of this Division.Note : Because of the definition of
"investigation officer" , a person appointed by the Planning Secretary becomes a
"departmental investigation officer" and a person appointed by the council becomes a
"council investigation officer" .
(2) A person's appointment as an investigation officer may be made generally, or made subject to conditions or restrictions or only for limited purposes.
(3) A person's appointment as an investigation officer is to be made by written instrument (in the case of an individual appointment) or by notice published on the NSW planning portal or in the Gazette (in the case of the appointment of a class of persons).
(4) Every investigation officer is to be provided by the investigation authority with an identification card as an investigation officer.
(5) If persons of a class are appointed as investigation officers, they need not be provided with an identification card if the investigation authority is satisfied that they possess adequate identification as persons of that class.