New South Wales Consolidated Acts

[Index] [Table] [Search] [Search this Act] [Notes] [Noteup] [Previous] [Next] [Download] [History] [Help]



32 Disputes

(1) In this section,
"corporation" does not include the Ministerial Development Corporation.
(2) If any difference, whether arising out of the construction of this Act or not, arises between a corporation and a council, with respect to the carrying out of the provisions of this Act or with respect to the fulfilment and exercise of the corporation's responsibilities, powers, authorities, duties, functions or privileges, the corporation or the council may submit the difference to the Minister, who may refer the matter for inquiry to some person appointed by the Minister in that behalf, or may make his or her own inquiry.
(3) The Minister, after consultation with the Minister for Local Government, may thereupon make such order as in the public interest and in the circumstances of the case may seem to the Minister just and equitable, and by the order may direct the payment of any costs and expenses incidental to the conduct of the inquiry.
(4) Any such order may, upon the application of the Minister, the corporation or the council, by leave of the Supreme Court, be enforced in the same manner as a judgment or order of the Supreme Court to the same effect.
(5) If any such difference arises between a corporation and a Government Department, the parties to the dispute may mutually agree to submit the matter in dispute to the Minister, and in any such case the provisions of this section shall apply to the settlement of the dispute as if the dispute were between a corporation and a council.

AustLII: Copyright Policy | Disclaimers | Privacy Policy | Feedback