New South Wales Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
INDEPENDENT COMMISSION AGAINST CORRUPTION ACT 1988 - SECT 68
(1) The procedure for the calling of meetings of the Joint Committee and for
the conduct of business at those meetings shall, subject to this Act, be as
determined by the Committee.
(2) The Clerk of the Legislative Assembly shall
call the first meeting of the Joint Committee in each Parliament in such
manner as the Clerk thinks fit.
(3) At a meeting of the Joint Committee, 6
members constitute a quorum, but the Committee shall meet as a joint committee
at all times.
(4) The Chair or, in the absence of the Chair, the Deputy Chair
or, in the absence of both the Chair and the Deputy Chair, a member of the
Joint Committee elected to chair the meeting by the members present shall
preside at a meeting of the Joint Committee.
(5) The Deputy Chair or other
member presiding at a meeting of the Joint Committee shall, in relation to the
meeting, have all the functions of the Chair.
(6) The Chair, Deputy Chair or
other member presiding at a meeting of the Joint Committee shall have a
deliberative vote and, in the event of an equality of votes, shall also have a
(7) A question arising at a meeting of the Joint Committee
shall be determined by a majority of the votes of the members present and
(8) The Joint Committee may sit and transact business despite any
prorogation of the Houses of Parliament or any adjournment of either House of
(9) The Joint Committee may sit and transact business on a
sitting day of a House of Parliament during the time of sitting.
AustLII: Copyright Policy