New South Wales Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
ROADS ACT 1993 - SECT 243
243 Penalty notices
(1) An authorised officer may issue a penalty notice to a person if it appears
to the officer that the person has committed (or is, by virtue of section 244,
guilty of) a penalty notice offence.
(2) A penalty notice offence is an
offence against this Act or the regulations that is prescribed by the
regulations as a penalty notice offence.
(3) The Fines Act 1996 applies to a
penalty notice issued under this section.
Note : The Fines Act 1996 provides
that, if a person issued with a penalty notice does not wish to have the
matter determined by a court, the person may pay the amount specified in the
notice and is not liable to any further proceedings for the alleged offence.
(4) The amount payable under a penalty notice issued under this section is the
amount prescribed for the alleged offence by the regulations (not exceeding
the maximum amount of penalty that could be imposed for the offence by a
(5) This section does not limit the operation of any other provision
of, or made under, this or any other Act relating to proceedings that may be
taken in respect of offences.
AustLII: Copyright Policy