New South Wales Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
TRUSTEE ACT 1925 - SECT 7
7 Additional trustee
(1) A new trustee may by registered deed be appointed in addition to any
existing trustee or trustees.
(2) A new trustee may be so appointed in any of
the following cases, namely--
(a) where a sole trustee other than the NSW
Trustee or a trustee company is or has been originally appointed to act in a
(b) where, in the case of any trust, there are not more than three
trustees, either original or substituted, and whether appointed by the Court
or otherwise, and none of the trustees is the NSW Trustee or a trustee
(3) The person to be appointed a trustee may be the person, or one
of the persons, by whom or with whose consent the appointment is or may be
(4) The appointment may be made by the following persons, namely--
by the person or persons nominated for the purpose of appointing new trustees
by the instrument, if any, creating the trust, or
(b) if there is no such
person, or no such person able and willing to act, then by the trustee or
trustees for the time being.
(5) The appointment may be made for the whole or
any part of the trust property, and on the appointment--
(a) two or more
trustees may be appointed concurrently,
(b) the number of trustees shall not
be increased beyond four.
(6) Except as provided by the instrument, if any,
creating the trust, or by any statutory enactment to the contrary, it shall
not be obligatory to appoint any additional trustee.
(7) Subsections (7),
(8), (10), (12), (13), and (14) of section 6 shall apply to the appointment of
an additional trustee.
AustLII: Copyright Policy