(1) The Minister may, by notice published in the Gazette, approve, for the purposes of this section, any person who is authorised under the law of another State or a Territory or another country to conduct a betting activity in that State, Territory or country (
"an approved person" ).
(2) An approved person may, while the approval is in force--(a) with the written consent of a licensee, use the systems or technology of the licensee (including any totalizator of the licensee), or(b) arrange for the licensee, on behalf of the approved person,to process in New South Wales bets placed (or to be placed) with the approved person in the conduct, by a method specified in the notice of approval, of a betting activity that the approved person is authorised to conduct in the State, Territory or country concerned.
(3) For the purposes of this Act, the processing of bets by an approved person or a licensee in accordance with subsection (2) is taken not to constitute, or involve, the conduct of a totalizator or other betting activity in New South Wales.
(4) An approval under this section may be revoked at any time by further notice published in the Gazette.
(5) The revocation of an approval does not affect any bet in the course of being processed at the time of the revocation.
(6) In this section,
"bet" includes a bet placed (or to be placed) with an approved person otherwise than by way of a totalizator.