(1) The Minister may, by notice published in the Gazette, nominate, for the purposes of this section, any person who is authorised under the law of another State or a Territory or another country to conduct a betting activity (whether by means of a totalizator or otherwise) in that State, Territory or country (
"a nominated person" ).
(2) A licensee may, while a nomination is in force--(a) arrange with the nominated person for the licensee to use systems or technology (including a totalizator) of the nominated person, or(b) arrange for the nominated person, on behalf of the licensee,to process, in the nominated person's jurisdiction, bets placed (or to be placed) with the licensee in the conduct of a betting activity that the licensee is authorised to conduct.
(3) In taking action under subsection (2), a licensee is, for the purposes of this Act--(a) taken to be conducting a betting activity in New South Wales, and(b) taken to be conducting a totalizator in New South Wales in respect of such of the bets processed under that subsection as were (or are to be) placed with the licensee by way of a totalizator.
(4) A nomination under this section may be revoked at any time by further notice published in the Gazette.
(5) The revocation of a nomination does not affect any bet in the course of being processed at the time of the revocation.
(6) In this section,
"bet" includes a bet placed (or to be placed) with a licensee otherwise than by way of a totalizator.