New South Wales Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
WORKPLACE INJURY MANAGEMENT AND WORKERS COMPENSATION ACT 1998 - SECT 45A
Injury management consultants
(1) The Authority may by instrument in writing approve a person as an
injury management consultant for the purposes of the Workers Compensation
(2) Such an approval may be for a fixed or indefinite period and may be
made subject to conditions.
(3) The Authority may by instrument in writing
revoke the approval of an injury management consultant for any breach of the
conditions of the approval or for such other reason as the Authority thinks
(4) Workers Compensation Guidelines may provide for the
functions of approved injury management consultants.
(5) A person approved as
an injury management consultant under this section is, in any legal
proceedings, competent but not compellable to give evidence or produce
documents in respect of any matter in which he or she was involved in the
course of the exercise of his or her functions as an approved
injury management consultant.
(6) An injury management consultant who is
aggrieved by a decision of the Authority to revoke the consultant's approval
may apply to the Civil and Administrative Tribunal for an administrative
review under the Administrative Decisions Review Act 1997 of the decision.
AustLII: Copyright Policy