(1) A driver must not park continuously in a special event parking area for longer than the period indicated by information on or with the special event parking area signs for the area.Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.Note :
"With" is defined in the Dictionary.
"special event parking area" is the network of roads in an area with:(a) a special event parking area sign on each road into the area, and(b) an end special event parking area sign on each road out of the area.
(3) A whole number, fraction, or whole number and fraction, immediately to the left of the letter "P" on a special event parking area sign indicates that a driver must not park in the area continuously for longer than the period of hours, or fraction of an hour, equal to the number, fraction, or number and fraction, shown.Note : Rule 318 (1) and (2) deal with the effect of information on or with a traffic control device (including a special event parking area sign) that limits the application of the device to particular times or days. Under rule 318 (3), if the information indicates that the device applies on a particular day, for example Friday, the sign does not have effect on a Friday that is a public holiday unless otherwise stated.
(4) In subrule (2) (a) and (b):
"road" does not include a road related area.
(5) Subrule (1) does not apply to the driver of a vehicle in any of the following circumstances:(a) if the vehicle is a public utility service vehicle,(b) if the vehicle:(i) is the subject of a current special event parking permit, and(ii) is parked in accordance with the terms of the permit, and(iii) in the case of a printed parking permit--is displaying the permit,(c) if the vehicle is actually dropping off or picking up passengers or goods.Note :
"Printed parking permit" and
"public utility service vehicle" are defined in the Dictionary.
(6) This rule does not affect any other parking restrictions that apply within a special event parking area, and those restrictions continue to apply, and may be enforced, accordingly.
(7) In this rule:
"driver" does not include the rider of a bicycle or an animal.
"special event parking permit" means a permit of the kind referred to in clause 95 (2) (e) of the Road Transport (General) Regulation 2013 .
Note for diagrams : A special event parking area sign or end special event parking area sign may have a different number on the sign--see rule 316 (4).
Note : This rule is an additional NSW road rule. There is no corresponding rule in the Australian Road Rules .