(1) A driver must not park in a ticket parking area unless a current parking ticket is displayed, in such a manner that its date and expiry time are clearly visible to persons outside the driver's vehicle:(a) in or on the front left-hand portion of the vehicle, or(b) if a different portion is specified in the ticket in relation to a particular class of vehicles--in or on such portion of the vehicle as is so specified.Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.Note :
"Driver's vehicle" and
"parking ticket" are defined in the Dictionary.
"ticket parking area" is a parking area designated by one or more permissive parking signs where information on or with the sign or signs includes the word "TICKET", but does not include any part of the parking area in which the parking of vehicles is prohibited by another provision of these Rules.Note :
"Parking area" and
"with" are defined in the Dictionary.
(3) A driver does not contravene subrule (1) if the driver parks in a ticket parking area before obtaining a parking ticket, so long as the driver obtains and displays a current parking ticket in accordance with this rule immediately after parking the driver's vehicle.
(4) A driver must not allow the driver's vehicle to remain parked in a ticket parking area after the expiry of the parking ticket displayed in or on the vehicle.Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.
(5) A driver must not allow the driver's vehicle to remain parked in a ticket parking area for more than the period of time indicated on or with the permissive parking signs that designate the area as the maximum time for which a vehicle may be parked in the area.Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.
(6) A driver who parks in a ticket parking area does not contravene this rule if:(a) the area is, or forms part of, another kind of pay parking area and the driver complies with these Rules in relation to parking in the kind of pay parking area concerned, or(b) the driver parks for a period not exceeding the period (if any) for which no fee is payable for parking in the area, or(c) the driver parks outside the controlled parking hours for the area, or(d) the driver's vehicle is displaying a current mobility parking scheme authority, or(e) the driver's vehicle is displaying a current printed parking permit while it is parked in the area and the area is located on a length of road specified in the permit and the area is designated for use by the holder of the permit, or(f) an electronic parking permit is currently in force with respect to the driver's vehicle while it is parked in the area and the area is located on a length of road specified in the permit and the area is designated for use by the holder of the permit.Note :
"Controlled parking hours" ,
"electronic parking permit" ,
"mobility parking scheme authority" ,
"pay parking area" and
"printed parking permit" are defined in the Dictionary.
(7) Nothing in this rule prevents a driver from parking in different parts of the same ticket parking area while displaying the same parking ticket.
Note : This rule is an additional NSW road rule. There is no corresponding rule in the Australian Road Rules .