(1) A driver must not park in a phone parking area without paying the relevant parking fee for the area:(a) for at least the minimum period of time for which parking in the area must be paid for, and(b) using a phone payment scheme (within the meaning of the Road Transport (General) Regulation 2013 ).Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.Note :
"Relevant parking fee" is defined in the Dictionary.
"phone parking area" is a parking area designated by one or more permissive parking signs where information on or with the sign or signs includes the phrase "PHONE", but does not include any part of the parking area in which the parking of vehicles is prohibited by another provision of these Rules.Note :
"Parking area" and
"with" are defined in the Dictionary.
(3) A driver does not contravene subrule (1) if the driver parks in a phone parking area before paying the relevant parking fee, so long as the person pays the fee using a phone payment scheme immediately after parking.
(4) A driver must not allow the driver's vehicle to remain parked in a phone parking area if the period for which the driver has paid to park in the area using a phone payment scheme has expired.Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.Note :
"Driver's vehicle" is defined in the Dictionary.
(5) A driver must not allow the driver's vehicle to remain parked in a phone parking area for more than the period of time indicated on or with the permissive parking signs that designate the area as the maximum time for which a vehicle may be parked in the area.Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.
(6) A driver who parks in a phone parking area does not contravene this rule if:(a) the area is, or forms part of, another kind of pay parking area and the driver complies with these Rules in relation to parking in the kind of pay parking area concerned, or(b) the driver parks for a period not exceeding the period (if any) for which no fee is payable for parking in the area, or(c) the driver parks outside the controlled parking hours for the area, or(d) the driver's vehicle is displaying a current mobility parking scheme authority, or(e) the driver's vehicle is displaying a current parking permit while it is parked in the area and the area is located on a length of road specified in the permit and the area is designated for use by the holder of the permit.Note 1 :
"Controlled parking hours" ,
"mobility parking scheme authority" ,
"parking permit" and
"pay parking area" are defined in the Dictionary.Note 2 : This rule is an additional NSW road rule. There is no corresponding rule in the Australian Road Rules .