(1) A pedestrian must not cause a traffic hazard by moving into the path of a driver.Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.
(2) A pedestrian must not unreasonably obstruct the path of any driver or another pedestrian.Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.
(3) For subrule (2), a pedestrian does not unreasonably obstruct the path of another pedestrian only by travelling more slowly than other pedestrians.
(4) A pedestrian must not stand on, or move onto, a road to:(a) solicit contributions, employment or business from an occupant of a vehicle, or(b) hitchhike, or(c) display an advertisement, or(d) sell or offer articles for sale, or(e) wash or clean, or offer to wash or clean, the windscreen of a vehicle.Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.
(5) A driver, or a passenger, in or on a vehicle must not buy, or offer to buy, an article or service from a person standing on a road.Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.
(6) Subrules (4) and (5) do not apply to the carrying on of an activity permitted by another law of this jurisdiction.
(7) In this rule:
"road" includes any shoulder of the road, and any median strip, painted island or traffic island, but does not include any other road related area.Note :
"Median strip" ,
"painted island" and
"traffic island" are defined in the Dictionary,
"shoulder" is defined in rule 12, and
"road related area" is defined in rule 13.