(1) A person with management or control of a workplace must ensure that a register (an asbestos register) is prepared and kept at the workplace.: Maximum penalty--(a) in the case of an individual--40 penalty units, or(b) in the case of a body corporate--210 penalty units.
(2) The person must ensure that the asbestos register is maintained to ensure the information in the register is up to date.: Maximum penalty--(a) in the case of an individual--40 penalty units, or(b) in the case of a body corporate--210 penalty units.
(3) The asbestos register must--(a) record any asbestos or ACM identified at the workplace under clause 422, or likely to be present at the workplace from time to time including--(i) the date on which the asbestos or ACM was identified, and(ii) the location, type and condition of the asbestos or ACM, or(b) state that no asbestos or ACM is identified at the workplace if the person knows that no asbestos or ACM is identified, or is likely to be present from time to time, at the workplace.
(4) The person is not required to prepare an asbestos register for a workplace if a register has already been prepared for that workplace.
(5) Subject to subclause (6), this clause applies to buildings whenever constructed.
(6) This clause does not apply to a workplace if--(a) the workplace is a building that was constructed after 31 December 2003, and(b) no asbestos has been identified at the workplace, and(c) no asbestos is likely to be present at the workplace from time to time.