(1) A licence holder of an asbestos removal licence or an asbestos assessor licence must notify the regulator as soon as practicable if the licence document is lost, stolen or destroyed.: Maximum penalty--(a) in the case of an individual--$1,250, or(b) in the case of a body corporate--$6,000.
(2) If a licence document is lost, stolen or destroyed, the licence holder may apply to the regulator for a replacement document.Note : A licence holder is required to keep the licence document available for inspection (see clause 505).
(3) An application for a replacement licence document must be made in the manner and form required by the regulator.
(4) The application must--(a) include a declaration describing the circumstances in which the original document was lost, stolen or destroyed, andNote : See section 268 of the Act for offences relating to the giving of false or misleading information under the Act or this Regulation.(b) be accompanied by the relevant fee.
(5) The regulator must issue a replacement licence document if satisfied that the original document was lost, stolen or destroyed.
(6) If the regulator refuses to issue a replacement licence document, it must give the licence holder written notice of this decision, including the reasons for the decision, within 14 days after making the decision.Note : A refusal to issue a replacement licence document is a reviewable decision (see clause 676).