(1) The regulator may suspend an asbestos removal licence or asbestos assessor licence on a ground referred to in clause 520 without giving notice under clause 522, if satisfied that--(a) work carried out under the licence should cease because the work may involve an imminent serious risk to the health or safety of any person, or(b) a corresponding regulator has suspended an equivalent licence held by the licence holder under this clause as applying in the corresponding jurisdiction.
(2) If the regulator decides to suspend a licence under this clause--(a) the regulator must give the licence holder written notice of the suspension and the reasons for the suspension, and(b) the suspension of the licence takes effect on the giving of the notice.
(3) The regulator must then--(a) give notice under clause 522 within 14 days after giving the notice under subclause (2), and(b) make its decision under clause 520.
(4) If the regulator does not give notice under subclause (3), the suspension ends at the end of the 14 day period.
(5) If the regulator gives notice under subclause (3), the licence remains suspended until the decision is made under clause 520.