(1) The internal reviewer must review the reviewable decision and make a decision as soon as practicable and within 21 days after the application for internal review, or the additional information requested under subclause (3), is received.
(2) The decision may be--(a) to confirm or vary the reviewable decision, or(b) to set aside the reviewable decision and substitute another decision that the internal reviewer considers appropriate.
(3) The internal reviewer may ask the applicant to provide additional information in support of the application for review.
(4) The applicant must provide the additional information within the time (being not less than 7 days) specified by the internal reviewer in the request for information.
(5) If the applicant does not provide the additional information within the required time, the reviewable decision is taken to have been confirmed by the internal reviewer at the end of that time.
(6) If the reviewable decision is not varied or set aside within the 21-day period referred to in subclause (1), the reviewable decision is taken to have been confirmed by the internal reviewer.