(1) A regulation may provide for a matter of a transitional nature:
(a) to address a matter arising because of the enactment of this Act; or
(b) to otherwise allow or facilitate the transition from the operation of the repealed Act to this Act.
(2) The regulation may operate and have effect on a day earlier than the date the regulation commences but not earlier than the commencement of section 123 .
(3) However, to the extent to which the regulation has retrospective operation, it does not operate to the disadvantage of a person (other than the Territory or a Territory authority) by:
(a) decreasing the person's rights; or
(b) imposing liabilities on the person.
(4) The regulation must declare it is made under this section.
(5) This section, and each regulation made under it, expires 1 year after the commencement.