(1) The CEO may develop a program (a monitoring program ) under which authorised officers may monitor:
(a) compliance with a code of practice; or
(b) compliance with the scientific use code.
(2) The CEO must, before finalising the development of a monitoring program, publish a notice about the proposed program:
(a) in a newspaper circulating generally throughout the Territory; and
(b) on the Agency's website.
(3) The notice must:
(a) identify the requirements or provisions of any code of practice or scientific use code to which the proposed monitoring program relates; and
(b) specify where copies of the proposed program may be inspected; and
(c) state that any person may comment on the proposed program; and
(d) specify the method for giving comments; and
(e) specify the period, which must be at least 28 days, during which comments may be given.
(4) The CEO must ensure that a copy of the proposed monitoring program is, during the period mentioned in subsection (3)(e), kept and made available for inspection, free of charge, by the public during normal business hours at:
(a) the Agency's head office; and
(b) any other place the CEO considers appropriate.
(5) The CEO may, by Gazette notice, adopt the monitoring program, with or without variation, after considering any comments submitted under subsection (3) and any other matters the CEO considers appropriate.
(6) The CEO may vary an adopted monitoring program by following the procedure for developing, publishing and adopting a monitoring program under this section.
(7) The CEO must ensure that a copy of the most recent version of a monitoring program:
(a) is kept and made available for inspection, free of charge, by the public during normal office hours at the Agency's head office; and
(b) is published on the Agency's website.